Thursday 6 October 2011

Solange

What can I not say about Solange Knowles....I love her to bits from her music to her fashion sense, you gotta give this girl credit for what she does..Musically I feel she's one of the very many underrated musical geniuses there is of our generation...her music for me is representative of the neo-afrocentric woman who isn't afraid to be herself and let the world see it,she represents the freedom to express who you are without being afraid of rejection or being called different...much so represented in her trend setting fashion sense... her latest fashion statement the all natural hair makes her a legend in fashion in my eyes....she has confirmed my never changing belief that black women are beautiful natural and we have to learn to appreciate it....in this society where the media has fooled us into believing that our all natural look dating back to our ancestors is socially unexceptable,she has managed to prove that not only does this afrocentric look set trends and break fashion boundaries but it also embraces the very essence of the beauty in real women! not all celebrities stay true to their values and crumble at trying to keep up with unrealistic set standards set by the media..by being who she is she's giving young women the confidence to love being who you are and not being afraid to show it off!! There's nothing wrong with being different!! For me she inspires me to be a better woman and embrace and love my roots,and hopefully one day be an amazing mother...she put the elegance and color back into "soccer mum"

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Solange too i feel she’s one of the very few black women that embrace the sensuality of being a strong natural black woman, she gives me confidence and security, and belief in who i am....

    Good work Joyce i absolutely love your blog, stay true to who you are and keep doing your thing doll

    kisses

    Gracey boo

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post ! and its true about solange,we neeed more women to represent real beauty

    from vimbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely love the prints x

    ReplyDelete